|By Marketwired .||
|October 9, 2012 09:06 AM EDT||
VANCOUVER, BC -- (Marketwire) -- 10/09/12 -- ActiveState, whose software enables developers and enterprises to innovate from code to cloud, today announced that Stackato®, the enterprise private Platform as a Service (PaaS), is now available free for limited production use.
"Stackato has always enabled developers to mirror production environments on their desktop machines," notes ActiveState CEO Bart Copeland. "Now those enterprise developers have the freedom to deploy their prototype applications in the actual production environment."
With this release, ActiveState extends the Stackato license to include deployment to production. Customers can now deploy the free Stackato micro cloud to a production server (within a 4GB memory limit). This will allow Stackato users to launch applications to the cloud and recognize the benefits of Stackato's flexibility and scalability without requiring a full product license. The free Stackato production micro cloud enables users to:
- Prototype complex applications in production while remaining in compliance
- Start with a small production PaaS, then scale up as demand grows
To learn more about the free Stackato production micro cloud, visit http://www.activestate.com/blog/2012/08/stackato-22-use-it-free-production.
Free Production Micro Cloud
To download the product, visit: http://www.activestate.com/stackato/get_stackato
- ActiveState: http://www.activestate.com
- Stackato: http://www.activestate.com/stackato
- Stackato, the Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aKBJNovdU
- ActiveState Blog: http://www.activestate.com/blog
About ActiveState (http://www.activestate.com)
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState's cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState's groundbreaking application platform for creating a private platform as a service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState's end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin look to ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance, and reduce time to market.
ActiveState and Stackato are both registered trademarks of ActiveState Software, Inc. All other names are property of their respective owners.
Kulesa Faul for ActiveState
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- The Cloud Bubble: Is Computing Becoming a Utility?
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp May 18-19 in Prague, Czech Republic
- Telco Perl Powers Telephony With Linux
- This Man Should Be Fired from His Job as a Magazine Editor
- Rackspace Cloud APIs Open Sourced