|By Marketwired .||
|October 2, 2012 09:06 AM EDT||
VANCOUVER, BC -- (Marketwire) -- 10/02/12 -- ActiveState®, whose software enables developers and enterprises to innovate from code to cloud, was recently recognized as a "2013 Companies to Watch" by the editorial board of SD Times. The distinction was awarded to 22 "innovators whose technology is emerging, impactful and growing in influence." SD Times attributed the company's success in part to Stackato®, ActiveState's enterprise private PaaS solution.
"ActiveState has always been known for its innovative developer solutions," said Bart Copeland, CEO of ActiveState. "This acknowledgement is a great validation of our continued commitment to enterprise cloud technology. Receiving this validation from SD Times -- a leading publication for developers and enterprises -- is an incredible honor. Stackato has been created exactly for the types of key industry influencers that follow SD Times."
This is the first year that SD Times has produced a "Companies to Watch" list as a precursor to its following-year SD Times 100. The SD Times editorial board noted that ActiveState has "been around for a while," then credited the firm for its ability to "transform itself" and extend technology focus beyond its core competence in development solutions.
The editors singled out ActiveState for its innovative cloud technology: "[I]t's Stackato®, their on-premise PaaS offering, that makes ActiveState interesting. Private PaaS hasn't taken off yet, but ActiveState is already ahead of the curve."
About ActiveState (http://www.activestate.com)
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState's cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState's groundbreaking application platform for creating a private platform as a service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState's end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin look to ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance, and reduce time to market.
ActiveState and Stackato are both registered trademarks of ActiveState Software, Inc. All other names are property of their respective owners.
Kulesa Faul for ActiveState
- Choosing Your First Programming Language
- Research and Markets: Global PaaS Market -2013 Report
- ActiveState's Stackato v3.0 PaaS Builds on the Best of Open Source to Drive Innovation
- Komodo IDE 8.5 Released: Adds Refactoring, Faster Performance and Touch of Darkness
- ActiveState Stackato Connector for Citrix CloudPortal Simplifies Cloud Provisioning for IT
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- The Cloud Bubble: Is Computing Becoming a Utility?
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp May 18-19 in Prague, Czech Republic
- Telco Perl Powers Telephony With Linux
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- This Man Should Be Fired from His Job as a Magazine Editor
- Rackspace Cloud APIs Open Sourced