|By Marketwired .||
|September 20, 2012 09:04 AM EDT||
VANCOUVER, BC -- (Marketwire) -- 09/20/12 -- ActiveState, whose software enables developers and enterprises to innovate from code to cloud, today announced an upcoming webinar on the topic of hybrid cloud computing, titled "Making Hybrid Real - Practical Steps to Hybrid Cloud with Private PaaS." Next week's webinar will be led by ActiveState CEO, Bart Copeland, and will feature analysis from GigaOM Principal Research Director, Jo Maitland.
"Hybrid clouds are moving from myth to reality," Maitland said. "Enterprise innovators aren't waiting -- they're adopting extensible, secure hybrid cloud computing technologies to support new ways of working."
"Cloud computing should no longer be an either/or proposition," Copeland said. "Today's -- and more importantly, tomorrow's -- enterprise demands the security of a private PaaS with the unlimited scalability of the public cloud. Hybrid can deliver that."
In the Thursday, Sept. 27 webinar, Maitland and Copeland will address key hybrid cloud issues:
- What are hybrid cloud's value propositions (and why should we care)?
- What market and technology forces are driving interest in hybrid cloud?
- How (and when) should enterprises assess hybrid cloud computing models?
- Who's adopting hybrid cloud now, and why?
- How practical is hybrid cloud today?
"Some industry pundits aren't exactly bullish on hybrid cloud computing adoption," Copeland said. "In this webinar, Jo and I will assess the cloud computing status quo and discuss why enterprises can't afford to postpone hybrid consideration. And we'll show how enterprise private PaaS technology like Stackato from ActiveState can make hybrid cloud computing real. Today."
To learn more about and/or register for the webinar, visit http://www.activestate.com/hybrid. And for more information on Stackato, the enterprise private PaaS from ActiveState, visit http://www.activestate.com/stackato.
- Title: Making Hybrid Real - Practical Steps to Hybrid Cloud with Private PaaS
- Participants: Bart Copeland, ActiveState CEO; Jo Maitland, Principal Research Director, GigaOM
- Time and Date: Thursday, Sept. 27, 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET
About ActiveState (http://www.activestate.com)
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState's cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState's groundbreaking application platform for creating a private platform as a service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune 1000 companies use ActiveState's end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin look to ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance, and reduce time to market.
ActiveState and Stackato are both registered trademarks of ActiveState Software, Inc. All other names are property of their respective owners.
Kulesa Faul for ActiveState
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- The Cloud Bubble: Is Computing Becoming a Utility?
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp May 18-19 in Prague, Czech Republic
- Telco Perl Powers Telephony With Linux
- Rackspace Cloud APIs Open Sourced
- This Man Should Be Fired from His Job as a Magazine Editor