|By Marketwired .||
|July 17, 2012 09:03 AM EDT||
Komodo IDE 7.1 offers performance enhancements to encourage faster web application development, including automatic variable highlighting, new Source Code Control push capabilities, debugging of cloud-deployed apps within the ActiveState Stackato Platform-as-a-Service environment, and support for PHP 5.4, Node.js 0.8, Python 3.3, Perl 5.16 and Ruby 1.9.3. Komodo IDE 7.1's language extension feature lets users add their own languages.
"The Komodo IDE continues to push the development environment envelope," said Bart Copeland, CEO and president of ActiveState. "Komodo has long been a hallmark of efficient application development. With its seamless Stackato integration, Komodo 7.1 makes it easy for developers to innovate using the language that's right for their enterprise, and then -- with Stackato -- deploy effortlessly to the cloud."
"Komodo has always been fast, furious and user-friendly," said Todd Whiteman, Komodo development lead at ActiveState. "Komodo 7.1 stays true to that mantra. We are always implementing practical improvements, as well as supporting the latest language versions, like PHP 5.4, Node.js 0.8 and Ruby 1.9.3. And of course, we're moving into a new generation of platforms, supporting Stackato as an enterprise-ready Platform-as-a-Service."
The Komodo 7.1 full release notes are available online at http://docs.activestate.com/komodo/7.1/releases/ide.html. Developers can download a free 21-day trial of Komodo IDE 7.1 from http://www.activestate.com/komodo-ide/downloads.
Tweet This: Announcing the enhanced #Komodo IDE 7.1 @ActiveState #PaaS #cloud http://bit.ly/JFdD18
About ActiveState (http://www.activestate.com)
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState's cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState's groundbreaking application platform for creating a private platform as a service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState's end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin look to ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance, and reduce time to market.
Kulesa Faul for ActiveState
- Choosing Your First Programming Language
- Research and Markets: Global PaaS Market -2013 Report
- ActiveState's Stackato v3.0 PaaS Builds on the Best of Open Source to Drive Innovation
- Komodo IDE 8.5 Released: Adds Refactoring, Faster Performance and Touch of Darkness
- ActiveState Stackato Connector for Citrix CloudPortal Simplifies Cloud Provisioning for IT
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- The Cloud Bubble: Is Computing Becoming a Utility?
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp May 18-19 in Prague, Czech Republic
- Telco Perl Powers Telephony With Linux
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- This Man Should Be Fired from His Job as a Magazine Editor
- Rackspace Cloud APIs Open Sourced