|By Open Source News||
|February 2, 2010 07:10 AM EST||
ActiveState, the dynamic languages experts, today launched ActiveState Business Edition, commercial-grade language distributions for Perl, Python and Tcl, providing organizations open source compliance, commercial support, and cross-platform access.
"ActiveState has been a leading contributor in the open source community for years," said Bart Copeland, President and CEO, ActiveState. "With the launch of Business Edition, we can help companies deploying Perl, Python and Tcl in their business-critical applications, ensure open source policy compliance, minimize downtime and accelerate productivity cost-effectively. ActiveState's deep technical expertise is focused on keeping client systems, powered by dynamic languages, running smoothly, and making sure clients are in compliance with their open source policies."
ActiveState Business Edition integrates commercial Perl, Python and Tcl support with access to platform builds and repositories for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX, as well as to older versions across all platforms. ActiveState Business Edition is ideal for finance, aerospace & defense, and government organizations that have deployments of Perl, Python or Tcl in business-critical applications.
"As mainstream use of the open source dynamic languages continues to grow in social media applications, business-critical applications and cloud computing, the availability of SLA support and clean commercial licensing becomes more and more important," said Greg Olson, senior partner at Olliance Group. "ActiveState's new Business Edition now delivers its proven commercial-grade solutions for enterprises in a package that meets the needs of small to medium businesses as well."
- @ActiveState Named “Silver Sponsor” of @DevOpsSummit [#DevOps]
- ActiveState's Stackato PaaS Helps Break Down Innovation Barriers; Provides Free Stackato 20GB Cluster for Commercial Web and Mobile Apps
- Defending Network Performance [#APM / @CompuwareAPM]
- IC3, the First Multi Cloud Training Conference, Helps Companies Shift from On-Premise to Cloud
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- The Cloud Bubble: Is Computing Becoming a Utility?
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp May 18-19 in Prague, Czech Republic
- Telco Perl Powers Telephony With Linux
- Rackspace Cloud APIs Open Sourced
- This Man Should Be Fired from His Job as a Magazine Editor