|By Yeshim Deniz||
|July 14, 2009 12:00 AM EDT||
Although activity declined across the board, the hardest hit segment by far was News Media. Transaction volume in that segment fell by 70% from 68 deals in the 1st half of 2008 to 22 deals in the same period of 2009.
It should be noted that while enterprise value multiples appear to have declined dramatically in the 1st Half of 2009, this is largely attributable to sales of distressed properties taking an increased share of activity. Removing this class of transactions from the picture reveals considerably improved multiples, suggesting that sales of healthy companies continue to command healthy multiples.
To read the free four page report Click Here.
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers Now Open
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- An Introduction to Ant
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- The Cloud Bubble: Is Computing Becoming a Utility?
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Cloud Computing Bootcamp May 18-19 in Prague, Czech Republic
- Telco Perl Powers Telephony With Linux
- Rackspace Cloud APIs Open Sourced
- This Man Should Be Fired from His Job as a Magazine Editor